Friday, November 20, 2009

Chicken and dumplings but, more than that

A good friend of mine recently sent out a notification, via facebook.com, that she is a miserable cook and cannot make chicken and dumplings, specifically, dumplings.

Oh haha, come on now. Of course she can. And, she is not a miserable cook. Just review the dang tricks.

Suppose you've already gotten your chicken mixture on the burner; no need for me to reitrerate that here because that's all yours, whatever you want.

Now, for the dumplings:

3/4 c. flour

1 teas. chopped fresh parsley

1 teas. baking powder

1/8 teas. salt

dash nutmeg, if desired and let me tell you, I desire a little nutmeg.

1/3 c. milk

1 TBSP oil

1 egg

Okay, so mix all this up and drop by tablespoons into your chicken mixture. Your chicken mixture should be at a boil at this time. Let it go for fifteen minutes turning down the temperature - DO NOT LIFT THE LID. DO NOT GO THERE, BABYCAKES. I know, everybody wants to but don't. Wait it out.

So, then, your chicken and dumplings mixture should be good. Eat, drink and be merry on me!

Oh, the other thing is, drink good wine with this, maybe a pinot grigio.

Just saying...

At this point, I don't have a photo to share, wish I did but I don't. That doesn't mean there won't be one later on so, please check back.

Let me know how it went for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment