Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Best Part of the Day

Another lovely spring morning arrives in the Ozarks. It's Sunday and the house is quiet, except for the clickety-clack of Ella's nails as she trots across the wood floors. No tv, no radio, not even the sound of a toilet flushing.

This is the best part of Sunday morning for me. Earlier, I took Ella out to do her duty, and I sipped hot coffee as I watched the sun peak through the slates in the wood fence, creeping across the grass in silvery ribbons. The burgeoning scent of honey suckle hung heavy on the air.

A new day, a new promise, new writing possibilities. I'm excited and frightened at the same time to be receiving notes from my beta reader, the only other women's fiction author in my romance writing group. Having looked forward to this for a while now, biting my nails and making up all kinds of possibilities of what she might say (good and bad), I'll be relieved when the word comes.

This manuscript is still the book of my heart, after all the years I've spent formulating it. It's the work I want to see my name on, lying on the New Releases table at Barnes & Noble. I feel strong about it and I hope my beta reader does too.

What are your plans for today?

What's the favorite part of the day for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment