Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quiche Sunday

Yummy, yummy, yummy.
I've learned to make a quiche. Oh boy. This has been sort of an ongoing effort of mine, such as meat loaf, which I finally mastered after twenty or so years of experimenting with it. I was a miserable meatloaf master at one point. Finally got it down after probably 150 tries in however many years.


Okay. So, here we go with the quiche.


You can make a pie crust but that's not essential. I bought Pillsbury already made pie crust and arranged it nicely in my quiche pan.

Well, then.


4 eggs, beaten


1/2 c. onion, chopped


1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 milk

3 or 4 slices bacon, diced and browned

broccoli or spinach, whichever you prefer (today I used broccoli, but if you use spinach, be sure you thaw it properly and squeeze the moisture out)

Shredded cheddar cheese

A sprinkling of thyme

A pinch of cayenne pepper

salt

pepper

parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 400°. Okay, chop your onion and lay it in the pie crust. Beat your eggs, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper, thyme and cayenne together. Again, I do not measure, this is all up to individual taste. Throw the browned bacon into the pie shell with the onion. Pour your egg mixture over. Throw the broccoli or spinach on top. If you use spinach, the frozen kind, be sure you drain and squeeze all the moisture out of it before hand or you will have a real mess on your hands. Throw down your cheddar cheese. Sprinkle some parmesan over top. Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until your wonderful quiche is brown and a fork slips through easily.


Serve with blueberry muffins, another one of my personal favorites.


Coming next is my recipe for pasta and peas, which I am certain my dear friend, Leigh, would appreciate, and which I will forward to her. I have no picture, as my son ate the whole thing before I could photograph it. Sorry. Oh.




No comments:

Post a Comment