Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pasta and Peas

I wish I had a photo for this wonderful dish, but I don't, reason being my wonderful son ate the whole thing and I didn't get a photo. However, here is my rendition of pasta and peas: Pasta and Peas: 8 oz. of whole grain pasta, such as a fusilli frozen peas (you determine the amount but I really like peas, so...) 1 teas. extra virgin olive oil 3-4 slices bacon, chopped and browned 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 c. mushrooms, whatever you like, cremini, shantrelle, whatever, just make sure they are chopped. 1TBSP flour 2 TBSP white wine, such as a pinot grigio 1 cup. chicken broth 1/4 c. whipping cream lots of freshly ground pepper Parmeson cheese Well, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for however long the package tells you to. Drop the olive oil into the skillet, and throw down your bacon. Let it cook til nearly brown, stir in the garlic, throw down the mushrooms and let them cook til the moisture is absorbed and they let out their fragrance. Okay, now drop the flour, coat the mushroom mixture. Now for the wine, drop that in. Let your mixture begin to thicken, pour in the chicken broth and peas. If it just won't thicken, use some corn starch to get it going. Remove from heat, stir in cream and pepper, toss with pasta. Top with shaved parmesan. Whoe baby, we got a party starting. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment