Saturday, November 29, 2014

Release Date!

I am happy to announce the release of my contemporary women's fiction novel, The Discovery of Joy, will be February 2, 2015! You will be able to find it on amazon.com and bn.com.

Releasing my baby to fly free is a thrilling and frightening process, not to mention a little astounding. How did I come so far? I'm torn between a feeling of buyer's remorse (is it good enough? Will everyone hate it?) and wanting to jump up and down shrieking, "Yes!" not to mention grabbing complete strangers by the shoulders shouting, "I have a book! A published book!"

I'm also grateful. I tried doing this, the publishing process, before I was ready and certainly before the book was ready. Obviously, I met outstanding failure. When I allowed people into my life, people who didn't feel the same bond with my book as I did, the book began to change. And I began to change as well. For one thing, I stopped rushing about trying to arrange every detail and keep control. I started listening to advice from people who've been around a little bit and know more than me. What evolved from that? Well, here it is; look at the photo.

So.

Thank you to Rebecca T. Dickson, my editor. Thank you for demanding that I see farther than my fingertips on the keyboard. Thank you to my beta readers, Ellen Harger, and Sharon Kizziah-Holmes and an unknown friend of Sharon. Thank you to my cover artist, Niki Bradley-Fowler. Thank you Paperback-Press for taking this project on.

So, on or after February 2, 2015, should you feel like reading a book about women, about love and betrayal, heartache, food, personal growth and the discovery of joy, please order my book. I hope you like it.

1 comment: