Monday, June 9, 2014

Big Announcement!


Release the pigeons, alert the news media, here it comes folks. I'm gleefully rubbing my hands together, eager to share my news. 

Okay, so we'll go without a drum roll but...

I hired an editor. I hired a professional editor to work with me on my women’s fiction manuscript, the baby I've incubated for years and years.

What’s the big deal, you ask? First thing, it means I’m taking myself seriously as a writer, not fooling around with this “l’il hobby” anymore. It means I’m standing up and owning the life I want. It means I mean it.

Her name is Becky and she lives in New England. Becky is a puller – meaning, she asks tough questions and she makes me answer them. She’s forcing me to reach deep down and clear out everything that makes no sense in an effort to get to the gem lying at the bottom of the dark well. And she swears. A lot. I'm looking forward to working with her.

So, I jumped in with both feet. It would be so much easier to scurry back into the closet and slam the door behind me and not try. But I can't do that. If I'm going to be a credible writer, the time is now. Point is, if I can do it, so can you.

What's holding you back?


No comments:

Post a Comment